Our work philosophy is, in a few words, the search for responses to the questions our clients ask us, giving privilege to the areas we are better skilled and expert.
However, we are open to new challenges, not only regarding the methodologies and technologies but also the intervention areas.
- Special plans for land use management
- Regional plans for land use management
- Master plans
- Land use management plans for public water dams
- Land use management plans for coastal areas
- Plans for hydrographical basins
- Educational networks
- Social facilities network
- Sectoral studies
- Socio-economic analysis and studies
- Regional development studies
- Development plans of regional and municipal tourism
- Cities, municipal and regional strategic plans
- Equipments strategic programmes
- Cultural development plans
- Sectoral development plans
- Location studies
- National projects and initiatives
- Regional Climate Change Adaptation Plans
- Metropolitan Climate Change Adaptation Plans
- Intermunicipal Climate Change Adaptation Plans
- Municipal Climate Change Adaptation Plans
- Urban regeneration programmes
- Urban development programmes
- Urban enhancement programmes
- Urban studies
- Urbanization plans
- Detailed plans
- Support services to the preparation of tenders
- Institutions action plans
- Organizations implementation studies
- Institutional publications
- Elaboration of monographs
- Communication documents production
- Workshops and seminars organization
- Specialized technical assessorship
- Feasibility studies
- Training sessions
- Policies evaluation
- Programmes evaluation
- Impacts evaluation
- Strategic Environmental Assessment
- Programmes and plans monitoring
- European policies evaluation
- European programmes evaluation
- European programmes and plans monitoring
- European sectoral studies
Development and Land Use Management
Development and land use management at different scales, from the European space to detailed urban plans, builds up one of the main areas of expertise, with regular coordination by multidisciplinary teams.
Strategic Planning from a perspective that combines public policies and private investment to create a long-range plan of achieving a set of development goals is a CEDRU matrix since 1986.
Climate Change Adaptation
Climate Change Adaptation aims to reduce human and natural systems’ vulnerability to climate change’s actual or expected effects. CEDRU is a leading institution in climate change adaptation policies, strategies, and plans, at different levels – national, regional, metropolitan, inter-municipal, and municipal –, through the coordination of multidisciplinary teams, the production of sectoral studies, and the development of innovative planning methodologies.
Urban planning, in its multiple aspects, is another central area in which CEDRU has affirmed the excellence of its works in partnerships with experts in Architecture and Landscaping. Sustainable urban development and regeneration plans are examples of our long and successful experience.
Capacity Building and Institutional Development
Capacity building and institutional development are part of CEDRU’s matrix since the very beginning: from strategies to the intervention on-site, the continuous dialogue with the population, technicians, and political representatives, CEDRU has been making a relevant contribution to the enhancement of the territory and its people. CEDRU’s intervention can be seen as shared learning in these areas, resulting in individual and collective empowerment.
Evaluation and Monitoring
Evaluation and monitoring of projects, plans, programs, and public policies have a central role in the new public management to increase government efficiency, efficacy, and accountability. CEDRU is one of the evaluation teams most recognized in Portugal with a long and remarkable experience at the European level.
A significant number of CEDRU studies responded to pan-European questions proposed by the European Commission, the Parliament, and national or regional entities. In consortiums with other European companies, universities, and research institutions, CEDRU has found out in those works a vehicle to increase its international network and an opportunity for advanced training for its board members.